All over the construction industry experts are discussing about great happenings in BIM (Building Information Modeling). I come across many such interesting posts and would like to share it further to let the flow of knowledge continue globally. So we have come up to conclusion that from this month on-wards, we’ll be sharing interesting “BIM Roundup” which you might have missed out engaging in your daily routine.
- I’d like to start up with an interesting article “The Top 10 BIM Questions” by Dr. Stephen Hamil (@StephenHamilNBS) Head of BIM at NBS. In these 10 questions Stephan has very well answered the preliminary questions that arises during the planning stage of BIM Implementation at any organization.
- On the other note, John Sharp – Director at Architectural practice Pick Everard (@PickEverard), Argues about how important it is to “Engage more with clients to help them get the most from BIM”.
- Continuing the trend, BIM Evangelist & Director of Integrated Construction – Richardo Khan (@KhanRicardo) shared an interesting definition of BIM (Building information Modeling) and VDC (Virtual Design and Construction). A must read post: “BIM and VDC Defined…”
- James McHale – Managing Director at Memoori has shared hisvision on how BIM (Building Information Modeling) will become mainstream for smart buildings. Boost the efforts of author’s guys… Share your comments and views…
- While talking about BIM how can we forget about the people who actually make this happens… I am talking about BIM managers. Find out more about roles and responsibilities of a BIM Manager from my LinkedIn post “What is a BIM Manager?”. I am Dalbir Bindra (@revitmodeling) – Sr. Digital Marketing Manager for Construction Services.
- It’s time for some industry News,BIM in Infrastructure is picking up its pace with “ViCon getting the project of Doha Metro to provide BIM Services”. Check it out here: NEWS: ViCon to provide BIM services for new Doha Metro project.
- Similarly AECbyte’s shares updates on “High Speed Rail and BIM” project in California with a pictorial demonstration of Rail layout module in AutoCAD Civil 3D by Lachmi Khemlani – Founder and Editor of AECbytes.
- In the Tutorial section today, I’d like to share an interesting tip of Using AutoCAD to Generate Hatch Boundary of Revit Filled Regions, by Luke Johnson at What Revit Wants… Quite and useful blog for tips and tricks on Revit…
Hope you enjoyed our first BIM Roundup’s for June. Do share your views and suggestions of any blogs, you wish to get included in our next month’s list.