The procedure for creating a Revit family can be very easily explained in the following below points:
1. Choice of the Best Family Template: It defines the type of family that the user wants to create in Revit environment which depends on the category that the user wants to choose with reference to the parameters.
2. General Layout of the Family: Different families have different parameters depending on the requirement and the templates are selected accordingly.
3. While working on the software, users have to be cautious regarding the correct view, elevation, and floor. If the reference view is modelled in a plane view, it can be viewed in the related elevation view. After doing this, the origin of the family is decided. By integrating these two planes, other reference planes will be created through which the control structure of the family will be decided.
4. Creation and Association of Parameters: By creating parameters the users will get the estimate of the family but the parameters should not be complex.
There are different ways of relating the parameter to the main element of the family.
5. Extrusions, blends, revolve, sweep, swept blend and equivalent void forms are the tools that are offered by Revit for geometry generation. These tools can be applied only when the reference plane is selected.
6. Checking the Family: For testing the accuracy of the parameter, whether they are working right or not, the value of the parameter should be changed in order to see if the value so filled is adapted automatically.
7. Formulas and Arrays: It is one of the powerful aspects which is used to control families in various ways. Linear and circular arrays are possible due to the Revit array tool.
8. Saving the Family: When all the important and possible additions are done in the Revit family, it is ready to be operated, it will be saved with a suitable name and in an easy to find location.
At Revit Modeling India, we have years of experience working with Architects, Fabricators, Product Manufacturers and Suppliers with their parametric 3D Revit family creation requirements for Architectural, Structural, MEP and mechanical products and components. If you wish to speak to our experts on any further information about Revit Family creation Services, please feel free to write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org.