Scan to BIM is a process of capturing data through a laser scanner into various forms and delivering a completely formed Revit BIM model out of it. The technology is highly useful in scanning larger areas which make the project quicker, accurate and helpful for decision making. With our scan to BIM services, we help designers and engineers save time, reduce modelling cost while producing accurate Revit BIM deliverables.
Scan to BIM Process:
- The laser scanning used in the process helps in capturing the internal and external building data in an accurate form and thus support 3D survey which helps in assisting in the creation of the 3D model.
- Through our Scan to BIM services, detailed information of your existing facility could be acquired. Elements like walls, columns, pipes, ducts, conduits are automatically generated during the scanning process, however, information like utility network and systems and unparallel outdated 2D drawings.
- After generating a BIM ready 3D dimensional model with the laser scanning tools, designers can further use this model for monitoring the existing condition of the building and design it to a complete BIM model for generating required information to avoid changes and reduce cost.
The technology can be used in numerous sectors which are inclusive of infrastructure, building, electrical and mechanical plumbing as well. The point cloud technology is put to use in order to develop accurate models for the use of as-built purpose and also refurbishment, retrofit and renovation.
Benefits of Scan to BIM Services:
- Accurately capturing the existing condition of the building
- Generate Revit geometry from millions of point cloud data points
- Model asymmetrical shapes within Revit
- Compare for the deviation between the model and data extracted from the point cloud
- Build confidence in the accuracy of your Revit BIM model
Our scan to BIM services is extensively used by surveyors, designers, laser scanning companies and engineers for remodelling existing facilities. We use the latest software’s in order to convert point cloud data to 3D models. Our clients send us their result survey data, even known as point cloud data, which is further integrated with BIM application like Autodesk Revit. With the use of this data, our BIM modellers create 3D as-built BIM models. These models give an image of the as-built building that helps in refurbishment, renovation and retrofit. We are also popular for generating schedules, material and quantity takeoffs.
To learn more about our scan to BIM services, write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org.